August 13, 2010

I BOUGHT A BIKE!

Today I finally took the plunge and bought my first road bike!! With my first triathlon fast approaching, lately I've been keeping my eye out for a good deal, and a couple days ago my dad mentioned a sale going on at a local shop. So today during my lunch break I walked over there, intending just to check things out, only to walk out of there 20 minutes later the proud owner of a brand new bike! It was a bit impulsive, but the price was right and it was my size, so I figure it was fate : ) I test road it down the block and holy cow is it different from anything I'm used to! I was like a wobbly newborn deer! The bike is a Specialized Dolce which I've christened Bambi, due to my aforementioned wobbly first ride : ) I'm so so so excited but also a little terrified. But I'm sure with practice it will all get easier, and I can't wait to start! Now I just need to shop around for some of the gear and apparel I need - that's one thing about cycling, it's much more expensive than running!
Say hello to Bambi!
I love the white & silver : )
Let the good times roll!

Speaking of running, I also got some fresh new running shoes yesterday to replace my expired pair. The old ones have been causing me some knee pain lately so I'm excited to finally be able to recycle them and get my feet and legs in something fresh. They're the same shoe (Brooks Adrenaline 10) which I love and have worked great for almost a year. Hopefully now I'll have a little more pep in my step on my runs! I took the last 2 days off, mainly because I am unbelievably sore from doing NMTZ and my 8 miler this week. Seriously though, it was almost equivalent to post-marathon! Plus today was a crazy, long day at work and my legs and feet were just not having it when I finally got off at 8pm. No worries though, life happens!
 Expired.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the bike and it looks like you got your moneys worth out of those shoes.......

    ReplyDelete