November 13, 2010

Christmas Come Early!

Upon moving back home 5 months ago I was lucky enough to snag a job at my local running store, Fleet Feet. I get to talk about running all day, work with an awesome staff, and get to help all sorts of runners on a daily basis. On top of this, my job has also turned out to have other perks in the way of free stuff! Most of the brands we carry will periodically seed us (aka give us) some of their products, mainly so that we can test them out and then (hopefully) have some positive feedback to pass on to our customers. Anyway, this past Thursday ended up being like Christmas come early. Some of us newer folks got a couple pieces of Brooks apparel. I absolutely love mine - I got a pair of the Infiniti Capri Tights (which I will be testing very soon) and the Essential Run 1/2 Zip (which I've already worn twice - love!). Then later that day our Nike rep came by with huge boxes full of goods for us! Inside I found some new Lunar Eclipse shoes, a just-released sports bra, an amazingly light jacket, and a simple and soft t-shirt! I'll hopefully have some reviews of my new loot coming in the near future : ) Can I just say I have a pretty sweet job?

On another note, I have the Clarksburg Country 20 Miler in the morning. Since my store is putting the race on I was able to get a comped entry (yet another job perk!) and it just happened to work perfectly with my training schedule for CIM. I'd much rather run my 20 miles in a race setting on a new course with other people than solo on my usual stomping grounds. Since I've only run a handful of times since MCM I'm not sure what to expect of my body. If I'm feeling good I'd like to try and finish in about 3:20 (10:00 min/mi, my goal pace from MCM). If I'm not feeling it I'll just take it easy and enjoy what looks to be a beautiful day for a run. Will be back soon with a race report!

1 comment:

  1. oh my that is runner heaven right there! hope the 20 miler went well!

    ReplyDelete