August 3, 2012

Snapshots

So what was supposed to be a 5 day vacation somehow turned into twice that. I just didn't want to leave! I'm finally home though, and in an effort to squeeze out a little more vacation goodness I'll share some snapshots from my days in Santa Cruz. It included pretty much everything that makes a vacation perfect: sunshine, beaches, relaxing, fresh air, sleeping in, good food, running, family and friends.

Highlights included running the Wharf to Wharf, hiking in the Forest of Nisene Marks, an ocean kayaking adventure, lots of beachtime, playing in the waves with my pup, spending evenings glued to the Olympics, eating dessert every night, riding the rollercoaster at the Boardwalk, shopping, watching numerous sunsets, hitting up the local Farmer's market, taking a day trip to the Gilroy Garlic Festival, and running along the coast of Santa Cruz and Capitola. Like I said, I just didn't want to come home! It's days like these that make summer one of the best times of the year. Enjoy!
Wharf to Wharf
Forest of Nisene Marks
 can you spot the pups?
 Capitola
 The Boardwalk!
dad won me a honey badger!

Santa Cruz Farmer's Market
 downtown Santa Cruz
 long run views
 lemon cider
 flaming garlic!
 fresh mint ice cream
 street art
 run to Capitola

3 comments: