December 5, 2009

One last thing...

....before the Santa Barbara International Marathon tomorrow! I'll make this super quick, because I need some sleep and my alarm is set for 4:30am(!!). Of course I have some goals, however they may have to be adjusted due to newly developed circumstances....today I experienced every runners worst nightmare pre-race....I started to feel sick! I was nauseous all day and had a headache that wouldn't go away, but I'm really hoping with a good nights rest I'll feel much better in the morning and be ready to get this thing done! If all goes according to plan (aka I don't barf at some point), here are my goals:

C goal: 5:25
(this is basically the same as my first marathon)
B goal: 5:12
(this would require 12 min/mi, pretty doable)
A goal: sub 5:00
(an 11:30 min/mi pace, which is pretty much what we ran for training)
 
Wish me luck! I'll be running with both Tom and Stacey and my parents will be out on the course so it should be a lot of fun. Good luck to everyone running CIM or Las Vegas tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. looking forward to reading how you fared...and what you thought about the whole freakin' thing. cheers...and thanks for the follow on my blog!

    ReplyDelete