April 6, 2010

water, water, everywhere!

Sundays are cross-training days for me, which usually means swimming, so I recruited my friend Christine to go with me. We didn't get to the gym til almost dark, and on top of that, it had started to rain! Of course we didn't let a little rain stop us from getting our workout done - after all, we were going to be soaked anyway! In fact it was really fun to swim in the rain, it was like there was water everywhere : ) After a 400m warm-up, Christine came up with some 75m intervals for us to do. We did 5 of those, then she challenged me to do a 100m sprint! I was a little nervous because I was already pretty tired, but I gave it my best shot, and it wasn't half bad! In fact I wasn't nearly as slow as I expected, and although I was completely out of breath after each lap, it felt much easier to maintain good form when I was sprinting. It's weird but I feel like the same thing goes for running - my form feels better when I'm running faster. Hmmm. We finished off the workout with a 100m cool-down then hit the jacuzzi : )

Tonight we had an easy track workout since a lot of the Team was complaining about being tired or hurting. After our warm-up we did 1x400 at 5k pace, 1x800 at 10k pace, then 1x1600 at marathon pace, with cool-down laps in between. The entire workout ended up being about 4.5 miles. It wasn't too challenging, but it still felt good to be out there with the Team.

In other news, tomorrow is a BIG day: the NYC Marathon lottery! For those of you who don't know, NYC is my dream race. My race plans this year sort of hinge on whether or not I get in, so I'm super nervous : / I want to run this race sooooo bad!! Cross your fingers for number 463493!!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck for the NYC Marathon lottery! I just entered the Nike Women's Marathon in SF and I'll know by the end of the month! Cross my fingers for the both of us!

    ReplyDelete