March 19, 2010

Father-Daughter Run

Marathon weekend is finally here! My parents flew into Santa Barbara this morning to come down to LA with me. They came bearing a fabulous surprise, too... a new computer! That's right ladies and gentlemen, I'm typing this post on my brand new Macbook Pro! I got my old computer as a high school graduation present, and lately it's been on it's last leg. A while ago the screen started to randomly flicker, and the battery can't last one second when it's not plugged in. So this new beauty is an early college graduation present from my wonderful folks. Thank you!! Since I was previously a PC girl, I'm now spending all my free time trying to figure this darn thing out : )

We spent the afternoon running errands and then my dad and I went on a fabulous run together! He's been running a lot on the treadmill at his gym back home and is up to 6 miles! Today I took him on one of my favorite routes around the West Campus lagoon and along the ocean side cliffs. I was a little bummed because there was a weird steam-like fog coming from the ocean so visibility kind of sucked, but it was still nice scenery to run through. We did 3 miles at a pretty easy pace and felt really great after!

Then tonight I invited my running buddy and training partner Tom and his girlfriend over for dinner. My mom made an amazing vegetable lasagna - it made me really miss home-cooked meals! Conversation flowed easy with lots of interesting topics and stories. It was just one of those times where life is just good : )

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have amazing parents!
    I could use a lap top too....maybe I could get my parents to give me one for graduating into a mother of five! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your parent sound awesome...So jealous of the Mac!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome that your Dad went running with you!

    Yay for a new computer! I'm a PC gal so I've never even used a Mac laptop before.

    p.s. I'm coming from Chic Runner :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and I love it!! You are going to adore having the Macbook, they are amazing :)

    And how special that you and your dad can share running, what a neat bond!

    ReplyDelete