March 16, 2010

whistle while you work!

Boy oh boy was today hot!! It actually reached 80°F and felt like a scorcher! While I was not exactly looking forward to track practice in the heat, I was looking forward to the workout itself. Our team likes to do a little something called a whistle workout. Unfortunately I missed them during my season, so I was excited to finally do one tonight! Basically, each whistle is run at an increasingly fast pace for 13 minutes total. One whistle meant cooldown pace, two was marathon pace, three was 10k pace, and four was a sprint! I didn't push too hard considering I have a marathon this weekend, but we still ran some pretty good paces, and it actually wasn't nearly as tough as I had made it out to be in my mind. It was actually really fun!

































My good friend and running buddy Tom has been taking some fabulous pics at all our TNT trainings, so kudos to him for letting me share with you the amazing places we get to run : ) Even the track we practice at is pretty awesome. It's at Santa Barbara Community College downtown, literally across the street from the beach. Imagine, doing track workouts with the salty ocean breeze drifting by, surrounded by palm trees and blue skies... Ok, I'll stop making you all jealous! In all seriousness though, I really am a lucky little runner : )








In other news, I got an email today informing me that I had won a spot via lottery for the Santa Barbara Wine Country Half Marathon in May!! I really really wanted to do this race, partly because the course is gorgeous, and partly because it's local, but it sold out super early. They had a waitlist for any remaining spots, however, so I signed up and was one of 100 runners out of about 1,000 to be selected! Yay!! I've also made my decision regarding the San Diego Rock 'n' Roll Marathon and will be running marathon no. 4 in June with all my TNT girls : ) Can't wait! Oh, and lest I forget, the countdown to marathon no. 3 is on, just 5 more days!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think that scenery has to be part of why you always look so happy in your pictures! Can't say I blame you!

    That is great you got selected for a race you're so excited about!

    Good luck in 5 days! Can't wait to hear about it. And, as usual...I am totally pumped you are doing San Diego!

    ReplyDelete